Well-established Chemicals Manufacturer has an immediate opening for an Accountant for their buying group in Dayton, OH
Our client is a well-established, local $300M+ Specialty Chemicals manufacturer who has been selling Chemical products and/or equipment solutions to the nation's Industrial verticals for the past 40+ years. They are privately-held, experiencing solid growth and have 60+ locations nationwide. They are seeking to add an Accountant to their buying group. This is an incredible opportunity for someone who is looking for a long-term career in Finance/Accounting.
The company develops long term relationships with a variety of industrial customers throughout the country including Oil & Gas, Food Production, Manufacturing Facilities, Pulp & Paper Mills, Breweries & more. You will be a vital piece to this process as you will assist in all things accounting for the company’s buying group and their franchisees.
My client has low turnover and a culture that is positive with a collaborative team-oriented approach to supporting customers. They provide a balanced life style and encourage employees’ family time. Good health habits are also important, and they provide on-site fitness programs for all employees as well as a competitive benefit package
If you feel you are the right individual for this incredible Accounting career opportunity then I want to hear from you today!
- Accounts Receivable: Provide timely and accurate invoices by processing accounts receivable transactions daily.
- Collections: Verify status of delinquent accounts and solicit payments on overdue accounts
- Rebate Management: Provide timely and accurate processing of rebates from CBA Vendors; transactions typically done on quarterly or annual basis
- Dividend Management: Provide timely and accurate processing of dividends for CBA Members; transactions are typically on an annual basis
- Cash Entry: Calculate and post receipts to appropriate general ledger accounts and verify details of transactions, such as funds received and total account balances
- Accounts Payable: Support other CBA Accounting Specialist(s) in Accounts Payable by processing weekly EFT batches with payments to CBA vendors
- Month End Reconciliation: Complete reconciliation procedures for month end for Accounts Receivable, Cash, and Accounts Payable
- 1099’s: File CBA 1099s on an annual basis
- Develop and maintain reports and files on all processes noted above
- Prepare customer statements, bills and invoices, and reconcile expenses to the general ledger
- Prepare monthly receivable statements
- Rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
- Maintain filing system for Accounting including vendor and customer records.
- Reconcile or note and report discrepancies found in records.
- Attention to detail is critical
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred
- Familiarity with an ERP system, such as Acumatica, is preferred
- Self-driven, results oriented performer
- Written and computer knowledge.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
What We Offer:
- $50,000 base salary
- Company Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, 401(k) & more
- Great Team Work Environment and Support