Our client is a leading, Memphis-based mid-size company who is looking for an experienced, servant-leading, collaborative, forward-thinking, people-centric, IT-minded, Chief Financial Officer to be a part of an Executive team that puts their customers and people first and who work together to direct the growth of their established brand. Our client truly lives out a work-life balance approach to their everyday operations which is reflected in the long-term tenure of their Team members. This position is based in Memphis, TN and offers a full Executive compensation package. We are looking for someone who is local and already integrated within the Memphis business community.
The Chief Financial Officer is an integral part of the executive team who will actively participate in the strategic planning of the company to ensure financial transparency, predictability, and stability. The CFO will provide consistent leadership, strategy, and direction in all financial affairs of the company, including operation finances, financial planning, and analysis. The CFO will provide strategic and tactical thinking as well as act as an active business partner for the President, COO, and other members of senior leadership. The CFO will direct and oversee the financial activities of the corporation and require corrective action from corporate department management when needed. The CFO will direct the preparation of current financial reports and summaries, and create forecasts predicting future growth.
- Oversees Accounting department, budget preparation, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and audit functions.
- Oversees Credit department and makes final decision about creditworthiness of customers and credit limits to establish.
- Oversees Sales Support department and makes final decision on claims resolution and credits to be issued to customers.
- Works with other department heads to monitor each department and make recommendations.
- Service as a key member of the company’s executive team.
- Provides strategic recommendations to the President, COO, and members of the executive management team.
- Directs the preparation of all financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, shareholder reports, tax returns, and governmental agency reports.
- Compares sales and profit projections to actual figures and budgeted expenses to actual expenses; makes or oversees any necessary adjustments to future projections and budgets.
- Reviews planning process and suggests improvements to current methods.
- Analyzes operations to identify areas in need of reorganization, downsizing, or elimination.
- Works with the President and other executives to coordinate planning and establish priorities for the planning process.
- Studies long-range economic trends and projects their impact on future growth in sales and market share.
- Identifies opportunities for expansion into new product areas.
- Oversee investment of funds and works with investment bankers to raise additional capital required for expansion.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Proficient in database and accounting computer application systems.
- A proven leader with excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with various constituencies including senior management peers, staff, vendors, and customers.
- Genuine interest in helping others achieve their goals.
- Strong business acumen and problem-solving skills that get results.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance required.
- MBA or Certified CPA preferred.
- Strong relationships in the banking industry.
- Certified Public Accountant designation preferred.
- Prior CFO experience a plus.
- 12 to 15 years of experience in financial management required.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access various departments of a given location.
- Must be able to travel to vendors, customers, and other business locations on occasion.