Our client is an established, National Specialty Chemicals company and maintains a strong brand recognition within the Industrial verticals. The MidSouth operation continues to expand and is now managing over six locations within a five state territory. They are now in need of a Corporate Controller to provide financial leadership and all accounting functions within their territory. This region boasts of long term tenure across all positions and continues to lead the corporation in growth and profit. Great opportunity for the right individual to have a long term career that has a vast and direct impact on a thriving organization.
Corporate Controller – Springdale, AR
Reports To: President
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manages accounting and payroll and provides direction to the different accounting functional areas (invoice processing, billing, cash receipts, work order processing, credit analysis, receivable collections, month-end close, journal entries, statistical data, and payroll).
- Manages financial internal control processes across all business unit functional areas (sales, customer service, operations, HR, payroll, etc.) to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Ensures that all internal and external reporting deadlines are met.
- Manages reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts and reviews financial statements and supporting documentation to ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Company policies and procedures.
- Provides analytical support to sales and marketing for customer pricing and profitability analysis, commercial and municipal bids, and any market development projects. Updates and maintains division pricing model per corporate policy.
- Provides leadership with financial analytics to support sound and profitable business decisions.
- Provides accounting direction and analytical support to all departments, as required, within the division. (General management, sales, operations, maintenance, customer service, etc.)
- Manages credit and collection function in an effort to maximize division cash-flow. Ensures division is in compliance with company credit and stop service policies.
- Manages the accounting aspects of capital expenditures, transfers and retirements. Reviews and approves all related asset management sub-ledger transactions.
- Supports and provides financial expertise to leadership during the annual budget and interim forecasting process. Manages workflow, timeliness and analytical review of all budget and forecast data.
- Manages and provides necessary support to financial audits including internal audits, external audits and peer reviews.
- Provides support and responds to information requests from Corporate (accounting, tax, treasury, IT, HR, sales, environmental compliance, legal, etc.) as well as field management as required.
- Ensures completion and submission of financial filings and returns required by contractual agreements and government entities (e.g., tax filings, franchise, host and royalty fees).
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to professionally interact and influence the leadership team as well as staff and customers to effectively accomplish goals in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative to thoughtfully research and follow up on non-standard situations to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Ability to effectively coach, mentor and train others to meet performance expectations as described above. Ability to work through others to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Ability to establish processes and procedures to ensure effective department workflow.
- Ability to track, measure and manage performance is required. MS Excel skills at an intermediate level.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and tasks and meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work in high-volume, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently within a team environment.
- Ability to complete projects and assignments with minimal direction from leadership.
- Possess an understanding of business unit operational functions and related needs and requirements and the ability identify issues, weigh options and provide effective counsel to support sound business decisions.
- Possess a thorough knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and compliance requirements of other financial statutes
- Knowledge of State and local statutory requirements that govern financial reporting and accounting Experience with QuickBooks accounting software.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field of study, MBA Preferred
- Be a licensed CPA
- Minimum of 5 years of related accounting and/or financial experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of management, supervisory or lead experience.
- $100k - $125k (plsu benefits package, more details during interview)
- Relocation: May provide some financial assistance