Incredible Opportunity! Memphis-based company expanding their Senior Management Team!
Our client is a leading, Memphis-based, $350M+ company who has 11+ operations nationwide and is expanding their Senior Management Team!
We have an immediate opening for a Director of Operations to lead all company operations nationwide.
Our client has a rich Memphis-based history of over 40 years. As an employee-owned company, they operate their business with the highest integrity, manage assets, and maximize their team's fullest potential. We are recruiting a highly accomplished leader to join their management team as Director of Operations.
The Director of Operations is a vital member of our client’s upper management team and is responsible for the performance and leadership of the Memphis distribution hub, customer service, logistics, and 11+ branch locations encompassing almost a million square feet.
What I get excited about the most about our client is their unique company culture which includes a dedication and commitment to live out a real work-life balance for their team and exemplify this priority themselves. A word I often use to describe this incredible Senior Management Team would be “collaboration.” There is an ongoing discussion-style approach to almost all business decisions with input from all sources and members. This is a place where you can truly feel a part of a family and also be given the opportunity and resources to grow professionally and personally.
We are looking for Memphis-based candidates only at this time.
Direct Reports: Branch Operations Managers, Customer Service, Logistics, Memphis Warehouse, and Facility Maintenance
Our Ideal candidate will possess the following qualities, attributes and/or skillsets:
- Strong leadership, coaching, and people management skills
- External and internal customer service focus
- Sound decision-making and critical thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience leading multi-location distribution operations in an automated environment
- Ability to empower and lead teams.
Educational and Background Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in business management is required
- 7+ years Senior Operations Management experience
- 7+ experience managing a multi-location distribution operation
Additional Desired Skills: WMS experience, solid PC skills, Microsoft Office Suite- Word and Excel proficient, and experience with BI is a plus
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for leadership development, mentoring, staff supervision, and accountability of all direct reports. Communicates with direct reports regularly, including one-on-one and group meetings; facilitates annual Operations Managers' Meeting.
- Assess the ability and effectiveness of direct reports. Determines improvement/development plans, holds accountable, and determines the viability of continued employment. Performs annual reviews/assessments with each direct report.
- Ensures areas of responsibility are operating efficiently and according to company policies and guidelines. Addresses inconsistencies and process deviations; and makes corrective action plans with the managers. Travels to branch locations when necessary for mentoring and follow-up.
- Communicates with Operations Support Managers regularly to receive and review operational updates from audit results and monthly process reports. Monitors efficiency of processes and works with support managers to set branch/departmental goals and streamline operational processes as needed.
- Responsible for efficient and accurate product flow within BPI's network, including material receiving, handling, storage, movement, inventory control, and fleet management
- Responsible for distribution operations P&L including, but not limited to, planning & budgeting, expenses, day-to-day business objectives, cost controls, and operational execution.
- Responsible for facility planning, equipment, productivity, staffing, and capacity for Memphis Warehouse Operation and Branch Operations.
- Works with managers and executives to review, develop, implement, and enforce corporate controls, practices, processes, procedures, and policies for branch locations, Memphis warehouse, logistics department, and customer service.
- Ensures operations comply with governmental and other regulatory laws and guidelines, including but not limited to OSHA, DOT, and EEOC.
- Provides a technological and logistic focus by working with Executives to develop transportation and technology strategies that support multi-market goals. Identifies opportunities for improvement and develops solutions for fleet management and material handling.
- Builds relationships with executives and managers across the company and geographic market areas.
- Regular reporting of operational performance to Executives and the Board of Directors
What We Offer:
- $175,000 annual base salary
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Senior Management benefits package