Our client is a leading, Memphis-based mid-size wholesale distribution company who has a rich Memphis-based history of over 40 years. As an employee-owned company, they operate their business with the highest integrity, manage assets, and maximize their team's fullest potential. We are recruiting a highly accomplished Distribution Leader to join their management team as Distribution Manager.
What I get excited about the most about our client is their unique company culture which includes a dedication and commitment to live out a real work-life balance for their team and exemplify this priority themselves. A word I often use to describe this incredible organization is "TEAM”. There is an ongoing discussion-style approach to almost all business decisions with input from all sources and members. This is a place where you can truly feel a part of a family and also be given the opportunity and resources to grow professionally and personally.
We are looking for Memphis-based candidates only at this time.
Title: Distribution Manager
Location: On-premises Memphis Headquarters
Reports to: Director of Operations
Direct reports: Memphis Warehouse Manager, Memphis Logistics Manager, and Memphis Facility Maintenance Coordinator
The Distribution Manager is a leader in the organization who interacts with all levels of Management to achieve customer satisfaction and accomplish customer service objectives in warehouse operations, logistics, and facilities/equipment planning. Plan, assign, and direct workflows in these areas.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Coaches, mentors, guides, and develops direct reports. Daily interaction and communication with onsite reports. Holds accountable and implements performance improvement plans where necessary.
- Provide or coordinate training and tools for direct reports as needed.
- Understands and reviews WMS and material handling processes. Makes recommendations to improve receiving, picking, staging, and material handling procedures and training. Works with Operations Support Specialist and Operation Support Manager to plan for company-wide training efforts and documentation.
- Guides the Logistics Manager and Logistics Team in the development of transportation and distribution procedures to maximize delivery efficiency and customer service.
- Ensures Logistics Manager and Operations and or Warehouse Managers work together to analyze routes and transfers regularly to ensure route weights and number of stops are efficient, cost effective, and maximize customer satisfaction.
- Reviews and guides Logistics Manager with vendor negotiations for lease and maintenance contracts on fleet; informs and consults with the Director of Operations as needed.
- Establishes, documents, and communicates driver policies and training for the company and to branches. Holds meetings and training sessions when needed via in-person or video conference. Delegates such tasks when possible.
- Works with the Logistics manager to ensure ELD and other DOT requirements are met across the company and proper implementation of upgrades is completed promptly.
- Oversees Memphis Facility Maintenance Coordinator and ensures the Memphis facilities are safe, secure, and operational. Is a point of contact for facility emergencies when needed.
- Ensures critical warehouse equipment, and racking, are safe and operational across the company. Identifies the need for critical warehouse equipment, including RF, POD, computers, printers, forklifts, order pickers, and material handling equipment
- Works with Memphis Managers, and Branch Ops & Warehouse Managers to ensure that handling equipment is maintained and in-service; and that the service life is acceptable.
- Works with Director of Operations to ensure branch locations have preventive maintenance contracts for warehouse equipment (dock, forklifts, scrubbers, etc.)
- Ensures company’s Distribution Hubs, Logistics Operations, and Facility Maintenance operate efficiently, safely, and according to company policies.
- Guides other branch Warehouse & Operations Managers as needed. Makes recommendations and reports concerns to the Director of Operations.
- Works with managers across the company to identify and resolve process issues that negatively impact customers (internal and external). Identify root cause and implement/recommend improvements and or training and accountability.
- Maintains metrics and analyzes efficiency for warehouse staffing and shift activity. Makes recommendations to the Director of Operations regarding shift times and staffing levels. Guides Warehouse or Operations Manager when implementing changes.
- Communicates and with direct reports daily; facilitates planning sessions regularly. Informs, consults, and communicates with the Director of Operations regularly.
- Monitors inventory accuracy/cycle counting in all warehouse locations. Approves cycle count plans for each warehouse location and helps managers implement them when necessary. Follows up where necessary in hubs and reports deviations in branch to the Director of Operations for follow-up and improvement.
- Helps identify logistic needs in the branch locations and determines ownership and accountability at the corporate or branch level.
- Reviews existing warehouse layouts and recommends efficiencies for space utilization and safe handling as requested by Executive Team. Works with Executive Team on new facility design and makes recommendations for efficient warehouse flow and space maximization
- Leads teams in warehouse/facility moves and software implementations
- Participates in and leads meetings on warehouse and logistics topics. Stays current on issues and technology related to areas of responsibility
- Interview, hire, develop, and train employees. Does performance appraisals; rewards, encourages, and disciplines employees; address issues and resolve problems; enforce company policies; and follows procedures. Sets goals.
- Travel to other warehouses/branches and allocate resources as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
What We Offer:
- $125k - $135k base salary
- Great company benefits
- Incredible Support and Team environment/culture