FIELD SERVICE EQUIPMENT TECHNICIAN & ACCOUNT MANAGER – Local Industrial Chemicals Manufacturer
A local Specialty Chemicals Manufacturer is seeking an experienced Field Service Equipment Technician & Account Manager to assist the Sales Team with providing top-notch customer service and technical support to our customers who are in the craft brewing, food production, manufacturing, water treatment and other industries in the Greater Elkhart, IN region. As an invaluable piece to this operation, you will be critical in providing ongoing account management along with responding to clients’ requests for installs, repairs and maintenance on chemical tanks and dispensaries throughout the region.
About the Company
The company has been providing chemical solutions and equipment to a variety of Industrial verticals for the past 40+ years. Due to their patented refillable tank systems they were certified "green" over 30 years ago. The company puts their people and customers as their most important asset and strives to provide the respect and work environment that brings about the best in people. It is one of the many reasons this company has enjoyed long term tenure throughout their organization. it's truly a great place to work.
Summary of Position
The primary role of the Field Service Equipment Technician & Account Manager is to provide outstanding customer service to all existing accounts. This will be done through relationship building, servicing a client's equipment, responding to customer calls and providing installation and maintenance services. These tasks will be related to the service and maintenance of equipment including new customer installations and existing on-site dispensing/storage equipment used in cleaning, sanitizing and other essential customer processes; maintain accurate and current inventories of field equipment and proper service intervals of all equipment; provide technical service with regards to special needs at customers including but not limited to, sanitation reviews, equipment optimization and efficiency improvements; and to assist the sales team with customer training, service plan development and sanitation plan review and development
- Meet & develop lasting relationships with all existing accounts so as to be a "point-person" for customer calls and needs
- Install, Repair and Maintain Chemical Tanks and Dispensaries throughout the Greater Elkhart, IN region
- Respond successfully to mission-critical requests from clients throughout the week
- Ensure customer satisfaction with services, equipment and products provided by our company.
- Perform all necessary maintenance on equipment at customer locations (this includes maintaining the clean appearance of tanks, labels, MSDS and stands, etc).
- Perform basic and complex installations of equipment and tanks at customer locations; understanding installation requirements, equipment operation and maintenance.
- Provide assistance with design of installations.
- Perform basic quality control services such as chemical titrations, equipment process verification, and process validation.
- Successfully grow relationship with each client through service calls
- Promote company while delivering outstanding client service
- Learn all products served to clients along with blending chemicals in order to maximize team contribution within operation
- Complete tasks requested by General Manager
What Are We Looking For:
- Someone with equipment and equipment maintenance experience
- Respectful individual with a strong work ethic who can perform functions of the role with little to no supervision
- An individual with a strong sense of urgency and initiative
- Must possess a strong desire to completely satisfy each and every client
- Must be a Critical Thinker with the proven ability to quickly analyze and problem solve with little to no supervision
Preferred Background & Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience working on equipment (Farm, industrial, manufacturing, etc.)
- 3+ years of successful experience in a customer facing role
- Basic math, basic plumbing/carpentry/electrical, simple process understanding (can follow pipe and understand flow direction), basic chemistry (e.g. difference between acid and base), computer skills – excel, word for data and reports, independent problem solving
- Strong Mechanical Aptitude
- Knowledge of Pneumatic & Hydraulic pumps a plus
What We Offer:
- $36,000 - $48,000 per year to start
- Mileage Allowance/Reimbursement
- Cellphone Allowance
- Health Insurance, HSA
- All PPE provided