FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN – Leading Industrial Chemicals Company ($65,000 - $75,000 BASE SALARY)
A leading, $150M+ Specialty Chemicals company is seeking an experienced Field Service Technician to assist the Sales Team with providing top-notch customer and technical support service to our customers who are in the craft brewing, food, water treatment, and other industries in the Greater Baltimore, MD region. As an invaluable piece to this operation, you will be critical in responding to clients’ requests for installs, repairs and maintenance on chemical tanks and dispensaries throughout the region while creating and developing preventative maintenance procedures to help minimize down time. This company boasts long term tenure as it is a fantastic place to work.
Summary of Position
The primary role of the Field Service Engineer is three-fold:
1) To "Fix Stuff"
2) To provide technical assistance to/for customers which includes training and providing expertise
3) To Project Manage - Manage installs and all processes related to it such as working with Sales Team to for scheduling and scope of a project, etc.
Ideally this person would train and work for 1 to 2 years and then hire a person to work under/with them to do the "fixing of stuff" while you be the technical expert and project manager (as company grows).
Additionally: To perform all tasks related to the service and maintenance of equipment including new customer installations and existing on-site dispensing/storage equipment used in cleaning, sanitizing and other essential customer processes; maintain accurate and current inventories of field equipment and proper service intervals of all equipment; provide technical service with regards to special needs at customers including but not limited to, sanitation reviews, equipment optimization and efficiency improvements; and to assist the sales team with customer training, service plan development and sanitation plan review and development
- Install, Repair and Maintain Chemical Tanks and Dispensaries throughout the Greater Baltimore, MD region
- Respond successfully to mission-critical requests from clients throughout the week
- Ensure customer satisfaction with services, equipment and products provided by our company.
- Perform all necessary maintenance on equipment at customer locations (this includes maintaining the clean appearance of tanks, labels, MSDS and stands, etc).
- Perform basic and complex installations of equipment and tanks at customer locations; understanding installation requirements, equipment operation and maintenance.
- Provide assistance with design of installations.
- Perform basic quality control services such as chemical titrations, equipment process verification, and process validation.
- Successfully grow relationship with each client through service calls
- Promote company while delivering outstanding client service
- Learn all products served to clients along with blending chemicals in order to maximize team contribution within operation
- Develop and implement Preventative Maintenance processes to minimize down time
- Maintain a clean work space
- Complete tasks requested by Supervisor/Operations Manager
What Are We Looking For:
- Someone with experience working with chemical tanks and equipment (i.e. Ecologix, ALX Tower, etc.)
- Respectful individual with a strong work ethic who can perform functions of the role with little to no supervision
- An individual with a strong sense of urgency and initiative
- Must possess a strong desire to completely satisfy each and every client
- Must be a Critical Thinker with the proven ability to quickly analyze and problem solve with little to no supervision
Preferred Background & Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience working on chemical tanks and equipment
- 3+ years of successful experience in a customer facing role
- Basic math, basic plumbing/carpentry/electrical, simple process understanding (can follow pipe and understand flow direction), basic chemistry (e.g. difference between acid and base), computer skills – excel, word for data and reports, independent problem solving
- Knowledge of Pneumatic & Hydraulic pumps
- Strong Mechanical Aptitude
- Experience with ALX Tower, EcoLogix and similar
What We Offer:
- $65,000 - $75,000 base salary
- Company Benefits (Health, Retirement & more)
- Company vehicle
- Great people with great culture