General Manager – Houston, TX
Our client is a well-established, $300M+ Specialty Chemicals Manufacturer who has been selling Chemical products and/or equipment solutions to the nation's Industrial verticals for the past 40+ years. They are privately-held, experiencing solid growth and have 50+ locations nationwide. They have a very exciting opportunity/opening for a principled leader to take the helm of their operation in Houston, TX.
A General Manager in this company is entirely responsible for the development and success of their designated territory and the people that they serve & support (team). As the General Manager, you will be the face of the brand within the Greater Houston, TX business and industrial communities and associations. You will utilize your direct sales, account development/management, customer service, marketing, public relations and leadership abilities to grow revenues, exceed customers’ expectations in service and product every day and exponentially grow brand recognition. You will be tasked with meeting operational, sales, service and revenue goals, growing and diversifying client base, creating and maintaining strong customer relationships with current and future clients, setting sales goals and overseeing the performance of your team members along with the general management and administrative duties of the facility. Your primary focus in the beginning will be to grow revenues while the the operations team (who report to you) will work on improving the delivery of products and services.
About the Company
The company has been delivering Chemical solutions to many of America's Industrial verticals for the last 40+ years. They have grown to have operations in every state except Alaska and enjoy a hard-earned, strong brand name within many industries. You will truly be joining a team of established success.
The company develops long term relationships with a variety of industrial customers that include Oil & Gas, Food Production, Manufacturing Facilities, Pulp & Paper Mills, Breweries & more. You will be a vital piece to this process and continuing to ensure outstanding products and services are continuously delivered on time. You will have an Operations team that will handle the monthly deliveries and refills. My client has low turnover and a culture that is positive with a collaborative team oriented approach to supporting customers. They provide a balanced life style and encourage employees’ family time. Good health habits are also important and they provide a competitive benefits package.
This Houston operation has been struggling to reach its full potential in recent years and you will have a direct impact on the results going forward. You will be tasked with hiring all new team members who will assist you in growing the brand's footprint throughout the Greater Houston area. Also, while you will be responsible for setting the tone and direction of the operation and making improvements right away, you will also have the full support and of the company and its resources.
Training & Support
The company will provide excellent resources and training for you to set you up for success early on. Training and a support network with other GM's in the company is provided right away. You will have the opportunity to visit other successful operations throughout the company along with having support on site in the beginning. Product knowledge and training will be provide as well.
This is certainly a critical role within the company and we are taking some time to find the right person. If you know that you are the right person for this opportunity and have the experience and skillsets we are looking for then I want to hear from you today!
General Manager Responsibilities:
- Grow revenues through continuous solution-selling activity including lead generation, prospecting and closing new customers
- Meet, maintain and grow current client base through strong interpersonal relationship skills and exceeding customer expectations in service and product everyday
- Embrace and become the face of the company brand within the Greater Houston communities to ensure the future growth and success of the operation
- Lead, manage, direct, develop and oversee day to day functions of the Springdale operation
- Create and manage budgets
- Hire and train new employees as growth requires
- Evaluating performance and productivity of current and future team members
- Meet with customers to discuss their evolving needs and assess/improve the quality of company's relationship with them
- Leading, training, directing, mentoring sales team and sales team performance
- Meeting and tracking overall planned sales goals
- Setting and tracking individual sales targets
- Promoting organization and products
- Understand ideal customers and how they relate to specific products
- Analyzing accounting and financial data
- Generating reports and giving presentations
- All administrative duties of branch
- Any other duties and responsibilities as it pertains to this position and the leadership of the Houston operation
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
- 3 - 5 year's Sales Management Experience (B2B/Industrial Sales)
- 3 - 5 year's General Management (Operations) Experience
- 1 - 2 year's developing and managing budgets
- Track record of superior performance metrics
- Experience in customer relationship management
- Experience in planning and implementing sales strategies to achieve revenue and profitability goals
- Successful track record of leading a sales team to achieve desired results
- Working knowledge if different business functions
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Strong negotiation and conflict Management skills
- Strong Team-building and Interpersonal skills
- Ability to coach, train and motivate employees
- Strong decision-making abilities
- Familiarity with SalesForce CRM
- High School Diploma Required; Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year accredited University preferred
- $120k - $150k total package (Base Salary + commissions + quarterly bonus)
- Company Benefits (Health, Dental, Vision, Retirement & more)
- Company Vehicle + Fuel Card/Credit Card for expenses
- Strong Corporate Support & Training
- Family-focused company culture