Our client is a Top 5 National Industrial Solutions company within the Food & Poultry production industries. They have doubled in size in the past three years and are on a growth trajectory to do the same over the next three years. Already operating in 30+ States with over 2000+ team members, they are now looking to add an IT Application & System Manager. This position will be located at their Corporate Office in Somerville, TN and will report directly to the Chief Technology Officer.
About the Company
Founded over twenty years ago as a Janitorial Services business, our client has now grown to provide industrial solutions to Food, Poultry & Manufacturing facilities nationwide. One of the secrets to their success is the leadership team that they have in place who not only puts their customers and people first but also perpetuates a culture of safety and family. It’s truly an exciting time to get on board with this tremendous team who is leading the way in industrial solutions.
This individual will play a crucial role in supporting the company’s diverse range of IT needs, optimizing their existing tools, managing security updates, and providing top-notch technical assistance to their employees. You will be the company “IT Guy/Gal”. You will be a critical contributing part of their success by ensuring smooth IT operations and technical support across their many locations nationwide.
As the ideal candidate you will be able to handle the major areas of IT support: help desk, systems and infrastructure. You will also take on additional projects assigned by the CTO. As an “accessible” solutions provider to the organization, you will not be “above” any technology-related question, inquiry or challenge no matter how big or small. You will be a problem-solver who is dedicated to providing outstanding services to the team (internal customer). The CTO may hand off projects that you have little to no knowledge about but will know how to find the answers required to complete (and execute/implement) and be willing to become an expert in areas that future projects may demand. You will be someone who can see and raise questions in a professional manner if something may impact the business. You will be able to handle the internal corporate office environment of a mid-size, family-owned business and maintain professional relationships at all times in order to fulfill the role successfully.
Advancement Opportunities - There will be advancement opportunities (management & other) as the company grows. Additional IT team members will be added/hired in the future order to meet the technology needs of the company.
O365 Administrative Duties:
- Manage and administer Office 365 tools, including Teams and Groups, ensuring optimal functionality and usage.
- Execute security updates and patches to safeguard company data and
- Conduct thorough research to stay up to date with the latest IT trends and best
Group Policy and SharePoint Management:
- Maintain and update Group Policy settings to align with company security and compliance
- Manage and enhance SharePoint sites, ensuring efficient document management and
Hardware Setup and Management:
- Coordinate the setup, configuration, and maintenance of hardware, including new laptop staging and proper asset management.
- Manage the hardware refresh cycle and provide technical support for warranty-related
License and Warranty Management:
- Oversee license management for both Managed Service Providers (MSP) and Office
- Track and manage warranties for hardware and software assets, facilitating timely replacements when necessary.
Tablet and MDM Administration:
- Support tablet devices (Findd) through ordering, shipping, setup, and
- Administer Mobile Device Management (MDM) solutions to ensure security and
New Hire Tasks and Application Support:
- Facilitate new hire onboarding by setting up email accounts, permissions, and required
- Provide application support and conduct research to troubleshoot technical issues related to NetSuite, PipeDrive, UKG, Concur, and others.
Help Desk Support and Project Management:
- Serve as a point of contact for IT-related help desk support, effectively addressing and resolving employee concerns.
- Collaborate with the IT team to research and implement solutions to technical
- Provide project management support for assigned projects
Office "IT" Guy and Traveling Support:
- Offer on-site support at the corporate office, addressing Wi-Fi, computer and dock setups, and conference room technology.
- Provide technical assistance for corporate office needs and act as the go-to IT
- Travel to remote locations (up to 25%) to provide IT support for projects and group
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field
- 5-10 years of relevant experience in IT support and
- Strong proficiency in Office 365 administration, including Teams and
- Experience with Group Policy management and hardware
- Familiarity with license management, asset tracking, and warranty
- Knowledge of mobile device management
- Ability to manage projects, schedule tasks, and provide training
- Excellent communication and problem-solving
- Flexibility for occasional travel to remote
- IT certifications (e.g., MS 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator, CompTIA A+) a
What We Offer
- $100,000 - $120,000 starting base salary
- Great Company Benefits (Health, Dental, PTO, 401(k) & more)
- All position-related hardware (laptop, etc.) in order to succeed
- Advancement Opportunity