N.C. based Specialty Chemicals Manufacturer, established in 1958 has an immediate opening for a Key Account Manager in N.C. - Managing Existing Key Accounts combined with opportunity to add new accounts as well.
Our client is a well-established, local $300M+ Specialty Chemicals Manufacturer who has been selling Chemical products and/or equipment solutions to the nation's Industrial and Food Processing verticals for the past 64+ years. They are privately held, experiencing solid growth and have 50+ locations nationwide. They are seeking to add another member to their Sales team in North Carolina.
The ideal fit would be for individuals with at least 3+ years of successful B2B/Industrial sales experience, Account Management / Client relations. Professionals with experience managing larger clients, and/or clients within the Food Processing / Poultry industry are encouraged to inquire. Experienced professionals who are looking for the ideal career opportunity that offers base salary, vehicle allowance, benefits, and uncapped commissions with monthly residuals from Managing Existing and newly closed accounts.
- Leadership role within customer service team(s) for 7 to 10 Existing Food Processing Accounts.
- Continued relationship management focusing on customer retention.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must. Email communications are a staple of the position.
- Proficiency and confidence with composing professional emails, constructing spreadsheets, usage graphs, and misc. business visuals are a must.
- Attend Regional Sales meetings at local office as required
- Weekly TEAMS meetings
- Produce reporting as requested by leadership regarding customer usage, spend analysis, etc.
- Average to above average competency with chemical dispensing equipment would be required. Full training on equipment specifics available.
- Due to the climate of these existing key accounts, clients end users are primarily on 2nd and 3rd shift. Therefore, position would require to be inside customers facilities in the evenings / nights, 2 to 3 nights per week.
- Interested professionals that reside in N.C. – East of Hickory would find the logistics a better fit.
- Key Accounts are located all over Eastern N.C., Central N.C., Southern Va.
Typical work week would be as follows:
- 5 nights per week working with clients end users at food processing / poultry plants: Combined with 2.5 early morning meetings per week with client upper management / decision makers
- 1 full home office day per week
- .5 days per week meetings with existing and / or new clients during traditional business hours
- 1 day per week developing new relationships / new business from referrals
- 3+ years of successful B2B/Industrial sales experience, Account Management / Client relations.
- Reside within a reasonable geographic fit to Key Accounts in N.C.
- Experience and confidence with customer communications: Verbal and Written
- Experience within the Food Processing / Meat and Poultry industry is a plus.
- Typical work week cited above is a critical component of this Key Account Manager role.
What We Offer:
- First year earnings would range between $70,000 to $100,000 (based upon experience). Combined compensation package: Salary + Commissions. Commissions are Uncapped and Residual
- Company Benefits (Health Insurance, Retirement Plan & more)
- Monthly Vehicle Allowance
- Incredible Team Support and work environment