$150MM+ Specialty Chemicals client has an immediate opening for a Lab Manager/Technical Director in their Dayton-OH operation to serve more than 60 operations Nationwide. For almost 40 years, our client has proudly specialized in providing customers with high quality, environmentally friendly cleaning and sanitation products, and is an industry leader in providing “green” product solutions. They manufacture and develop industrial detergents in Dayton Ohio and over 60 Manufacturing Centers in the US, in order to serve the needs of a wide variety of industries including vehicles and parts, food and beverage, floor maintenance, asphalt treatments, dust control, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, oil and gas, odor control, and many others.
Our client is a “customer focused” company that is always seeking the best solution from problem solving to application training while continually developing product improvements that meet or exceed EPA Requirements.
They have low turnover and a culture is positive with a collaborative team oriented approach to supporting customers. They provide a balanced life style and encourage employees’ family time. Good health habits are also important, and we provide on-site fitness programs for all employees as well as a competitive benefit package.
The ideal candidate will have experience with Chemical Formulations for Industrial Detergents or other closely related product areas. This individual will develop compound and/or custom formulations to meet customer specifications and requirements within a product grouping such as food sanitation, parts washing, vehicle cleaning, odor control and may assume other responsibilities for development of very unique solutions. This position will manage our team of Chemists, direct their day-to-day work loads accordingly, and prioritize projects. This individual will work closely with our sales personnel across the country to address their immediate cleaning challenges as well as future technical opportunities for growth. The ideal Candidate will enjoy a wide variety of experiences and contacts and ongoing contact with field staff and remote Manufacturing Centers.
(1) BS in Chemistry plus 5 or more years of directly relatable experience in formula development.
(2) 2-5 years or more of experience in managing a technical staff.
(3) Industry experience related to cleaning agents, detergents and/or similar product categories.
(4) A solid industry knowledge of surfactants, and their uses in a commercial setting.
(5) Working knowledge of environmental issues and EPA Standards and processes. Excellent Lab skills including documentation, testing, equipment, organization and overall efficiency.
(6) Ability to handle concurrent projects and support for team efforts.
(7) Excellent interpersonal skills including ability to explain technical details, write reports, and communicate complex ideas to other internal staff and customers.