Our client is a growing $150M+ Specialty Chemicals manufacturer of industrial cleaning and food processing chemicals with a unique system of delivery. They operate over 50+ centers across the country and due to their rapid expansion they are now looking to add Marketing Operations Technologist to lead their large-scale technology platforms strategy and initiatives. As you can imagine, this is truly an exciting opportunity for someone to make a very big impact and contribution to a flourishing organization. Company culture is second to none as they always strive to keep customers and team members at the forefront of all that they do.
The ideal candidate will be Dayton-based but will work remotely until June most likely
The objective of this role is to support company nationally in employing large-scale technology platforms company-wide to improve efficiency in marketing and sales initiatives. This role combines information technology (IT) with marketing and business development skills, to ensure company’s tech strategies -- both incumbent and future -- are in line with our overarching goals. Additionally, this individual would work with company’s Director of Sales to support in the launch of national sales campaigns.
Reports to Director of Marketing and Director of Sales. Also works with Marketing, Sales, Manufacturing Center Owners, vendors, consulting firms, universities or research organizations, and equipment suppliers.
Marketing and IT Responsibilities
- This portion of the role requires about 80% of capacity in terms of time
- Develop, manage, organize, and coordinate projects while increasing level of understanding of products, processes and methods.
- Regularly investigate new technologies and disseminate knowledge among company nationally.
- Work with cross functional teams to refine/optimize the process, reduce cost of goods, and resolve quality issues.
- Make recommendations on and develop new products and processes with minimal supervision.
- Incorporate technology from other disciplines in the development of new products.
- Maintain basic understanding of industry trends, competitor technologies, and regulatory issues.
- Develop and launch new tech platforms which include (at a high level) but may not be limited to:
- Learning Management System (LMS)
- Customer Relationship Management System (CRM)
- Business communication platforms
- Database Management System
- Train company field on the platforms above
- Create recorded and live training content on the platforms
- Field technology related questions from users
- Troubleshoot issues internally and for customers, when applicable
- Monitor usage and track ROI on platforms
National Sales Support Responsibilities
- This portion of the role requires about 20% of capacity in terms of time
- Data source for national prospects
- Build targeted lists for sales and marketing campaigns at national level
- Assist National Sales Department in development of National sales presentations
- Assist in communication of national sales account launches to the company field
- Prepare reports and documents for National Sales Manager
- Point-person for various Lead Development platforms used by company
- Lead distribution to field and follow up to monitor progress
- Distribute reports on demand or monthly
- Aid in evaluation of new software platforms to improve efficiency in national sales campaigns
2+ years of experience in any combination of the following:
- Development, implementation, and maintenance of large-scale IT systems, preferably across multiple hardware and software platforms
- Experience in or working closely with IT in the development and implementation of large-scale systems
- B2B marketing data, marketing automation, or marketing technology role
- Experience developing data-driven marketing campaigns
- Bachelor's in marketing, information systems, computer science, or related field
- High proficiency in a variety of technologies including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- $48k - $50k
- Company Benefits (Health, Dental, Retirement & more)