Very Exciting Opportunity! Operations Manager – Kansas City, MO
Our client has been recognized $300M+ National leader in special chemical manufacturing for over 30 years and prides itself in its people, service and superior environmentally friendly products. Through their unique chemical management system, they provide customers with a green, turn-key alternative for all their chemical needs. They have over 60+ locations across 48 states with over 20k+ SKUs and have an immediate need for an Operations Manager in their Kansas City, MO location.
Job Description: Operations Manager
The Operations Manager will enter as the General Manager's "right hand man" and will immediately demonstrate your hands-on and dynamic leadership abilities. You will begin managing/coordinating the operational and systems infrastructure of a major operating unit ($2.5MM+) of the Company under limited supervision. You will participate in the development and implementation of unit policies and procedures including safety, logistics, inventory, training, deliveries and more. This unit is one of the Top Five fastest growing operations in the company and consists of around 10 – 15 team members.
This person is ideally a dynamic leader with a unique blend of Logistics, Warehousing and Manufacturing background. You will be a person who is very street smart and not afraid to get your hands dirty. You will display a relentless positive and "can-do" attitude that is unfazed by the daily challenges of the job. You will demonstrate your creative problem-solving sense through the daily solutions you provide to both team members and customers alike. You will be a leader who facilitates outstanding performance from your team by "getting in the trenches" with them but also through implementing processes that work even when you're not there. You will be an outgoing person with the ability to provide outstanding customer service during interactions with customers. The primary attribute we are looking for is a relentless positive attitude with the street smarts to solve problems under very little supervision. This is a very rewarding leadership role as it provides the opportunity to meaningfully impact a large and growing business with a family-oriented culture.
My client has low turnover and a culture that is positive with a collaborative team-oriented approach to supporting customers. They provide a balanced life style and encourage employees’ family time. Good health habits are also important, and they provide a competitive benefit package along with a strong base salary.
If you are this incredible individual then I want to hear from you today!
Operations Manager Overview:
- Entering your new career as the General Manager's "right-hand man," you will quickly become an expert in the company's safety and operational procedures. You will meet and learn every employee who will be working with you and begin setting the tone and expectations for performance.
- Overseeing the daily operations of a business unit and its various components, ensuring compliance with Company, local, state and Federal policies and regulations
- Developing or assisting with the development and implementation of policies and procedures consistent with those of the organization to ensure efficient and safe operation of the unit.
- Support existing accounts by planning daily delivery and service schedule, analyzing work orders, investigating complaints, conducting tests and problem solving
- Establish services by studying system requirements, ordering & managing needed parts, complete installations and perform system test
- Maintain customer confidence by keeping service information confidential
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications and on the job training
- Accomplish operations and organization mission by completing related task as required
- Representing the organization at various community and/or business meetings; promoting existing and new programs and/or policies
- Overseeing the supervision of one or more specified operating and/or service activities within the unit as appropriate
- Developing annual operating budgets and providing fiscal direction to the unit
- Performing other duties as assigned
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years Operations Management experience required
- 3+ year's Logistics experience preferred
- 3+ years employee development experience preferred
- Ability to lead and manage a team and operation to meet company expectations and service goals
- Willingness and ability to learn client’s manufacturing practices and how to operate client’s specific equipment.
- Knowledge of chemicals and chemical dispensing equipment preferred but not required.
- Water flow and minor plumbing knowledge (diaphragm pumps, dosing pumps, PVC, stainless, etc.) preferred but not required.
- Metal fabrication, including mig and tig welding preferred but not required.
- Analyzing information, using good judgement, ability to maintain employee and client relationships, industrial equipment maintenance, general reporting skills, confidentiality, quality focus and be results driven and dedicated to job completion.
- Strong decision-making skills
- Strong Management skills
- Positive, punctual, detail-oriented
- Able to set a high standard and meet budgetary expectations
- CDL Driving experience a plus
What We Offer:
- $110,000 starting salary + Bonus/Pie Share
- Great Company Benefits (Medical, Dental, 401(k) & more)
- Incredibly Positive, Supportive and Collaborative Work Atmosphere/Culture
- Training and Development provided
- Opportunity for income and responsibility growth