Operations Manager - St. Paul, MN
As a leader in the chemical manufacturing industry for over 30 years, my client prides itself in its people, services and environmentally friendly products. Through their unique chemical management system, they provide customers with a green, turn-key alternative for all their chemical needs.
Job Description: Operations Manager
The Operations Manager manages and coordinates the operational and systems infrastructure of a major operating unit of the Company under limited supervision. Participates in the development and implementation of unit policies and procedures. This person is ideally a dynamic leader with a unique blend of Logistics, Warehousing and Manufacturing background. This leadership role provides the opportunity to meaningfully impact a large and growing business with a family oriented culture.
My client has low turnover and a culture that is positive with a collaborative team oriented approach to supporting customers. They provide a balanced life style and encourage employees’ family time. Good health habits are also important, and they provide a competitive benefit package along with a strong base salary.
If you are this incredible individual then I want to hear from you today!
Operations Manager Overview:
- Overseeing the daily operations of a business unit and its various components, ensuring compliance with Company, local, state and Federal policies and regulations
- Developing or assisting with the development and implementation of policies and procedures consistent with those of the organization to ensure efficient and safe operation of the unit.
- Support existing accounts by planning daily delivery and service schedule, analyzing work orders, investigating complaints, conducting tests and problem solving
- Establish services by studying system requirements, ordering & managing needed parts, complete installations and perform system test
- Maintain customer confidence by keeping service information confidential
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications and on the job training
- Accomplish operations and organization mission by completing related task as required
- Representing the organization at various community and/or business meetings; promoting existing and new programs and/or policies
- Overseeing the supervision of one or more specified operating and/or service activities within the unit as appropriate
- Developing annual operating budgets and providing fiscal direction to the unit
- Performing other duties as assigned
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Willingness and ability to learn client's manufacturing practices and how to operate client's specific equipment.
- Knowledge of chemicals and chemical dispensing equipment preferred but not required.
- Water flow and minor plumbing knowledge (diaphragm pumps, dosing pumps, PVC, stainless, etc.) preferred but not required.
- Metal fabrication, including mig and tig welding preferred but not required.
- Analyzing information, using good judgement, ability to maintain employee and client relationships, industrial equipment maintenance, general reporting skills, confidentiality, quality focus and be results driven and dedicated to job completion.