Our client is a Top 5 National Industrial Solutions company within the Food & Poultry production industries. They have doubled in size in the past three years and are on a growth trajectory to do the same over the next five years. Already operating in 30+ States, they have an opening for a Regional HR Generalist out of Sioux City or Des Moines to support eight of their facilities in the Mid-West.
About the Company
Founded over twenty years ago as a Janitorial Services business, our client has now grown to provide industrial solutions to Food, Poultry & Manufacturing facilities nationwide. They are a Top 5 solutions provider, who has doubled in size and has a trajectory double in size again over the next five years and expand into almost every state in continental US. One of the secrets to their success is the leadership team that they have in place who not only puts their customers and people first but also perpetuates a culture of safety and family. It’s truly an exciting time to get on board with this tremendous team who is leading the way in industrial solutions.
Please read the summary and qualifications below and if you are the right candidate for this great opportunity then we want to hear from you today!
The Regional Human Resources Generalist will provide day-to-day HR support for a geographic region supporting multiple locations, including hiring, interviewing and on-boarding staff (primarily hourly staff), administering time, attendance and pay, benefits and leaves, implementing and enforcing company policies and practices, HR compliance, managing employee relations (ER) and terminations, employee and management training, and implementing talent management programs and initiatives, as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with local management to lead hiring and on-boarding new hourly employees, including sourcing, interviewing, supporting new hire paperwork and New Hire Orientation & training to guarantee a positive Day 1 employee experience.
- Partner with Corporate HR Operations to ensure that people transactions are processed timely and processes are continuously reviewed, improved and streamlined.
- Act as the site and regional leader on topics/requests that are site specific like policies, labor law changes impacting local HR processes, and compliance.
- Assist with scheduling, attendance management and compensation plans/concerns for all employees in the region.
- Lead HR-related activities for assigned “Start-Ups” (new contracts/locations).
- Audit records of the company to ensure compliance with company programs and federal/state regulations.
- Coordinate with Corporate HR and/or external vendors to help facilitate any employee benefits or leave questions or issues.
- Process ownership for ER management, including disciplinary, performance improvement and terminations.
- Consult managers on people matters that require in-depth knowledge of policies, procedures and local legislation, across multiple states.
- Conduct investigations and manage ER cases, in coordination with HR leadership and legal.
- Support managers and employees in identifying training opportunities to further develop functional and managerial skills.
- Manage employees’ programs and support managers to drive improvements in employees’ engagement.
- Work with managers to lead and implement change initiatives.
- Other duties as required.
Skills & Qualifications
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) with all staff levels - ability to communicate in Spanish required.
- Strong business and HR acumen, including strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking and analysis.
- Drives recommendations and prioritization in collaboration with HR or business leaders to put decisions into a broader business context.
- Thrives in a high-pressure environment and able to manage multiple simultaneous priorities.
- Able to proactively work independently while being a team player.
- Project management and execution skills.
- Coaching and consulting skills.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, business or related field, or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum two years HR experience working an industrial-related field (e.g., manufacturing, distribution, industrial services, etc.) required.
- KRONOS Workforce Ready experience, a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time hybrid position, working between a home office and assigned plants. It is expected that this position will work in the plant during the third-shift (e.g., 11 pm – 7 am) and be available during nights and weekends, as needed, when employees are working in plants. Schedules may change from week to week based on the activities and needs of the business.
Physical Demands / Work Environment
- Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to perform the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items such as a suitcase, laptop, papers, books, etc.
- Driving an automobile, flying, etc. for regular (up to 75%) business travel to and from plants can be expected.