RARE OPPORTUNITY! $100MM+ Specialty Chemicals company is seeking a Research Chemist in their Dayton-OH operation to serve more than 60 operations Nationwide! This is a company that has a passion for going above & beyond for their clients and taking care of their employees. If they do these two things right, growth and profits will follow. The Research Chemist position is an invaluable piece to this successful but simple approach.
My client specializes in providing customers with high quality, environmentally friendly cleaning and sanitation products, and is an industry leader in providing “green” product solutions. They manufacture and develop industrial detergents in order to serve over 60 Manufacturing Centers in the US. The Research Chemist provides formulations support in order to serve the needs of a wide variety of industries including vehicles and parts, food and beverage, floor maintenance, asphalt treatments, dust control, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, oil and gas, odor control, and many others. They are unique because we focus on delivering custom-formulated solutions to refillable containers supporting better health, ease of handling, and safety for everyone.
My client boasts very low turnover and possesses a culture that is positive with a collaborative team oriented approach to supporting customers while providing a balanced life style that encourages employees’ family time. Good health habits are also important, and they provide on-site fitness programs for all employees as well as a competitive benefit package.
The Research Chemist will develop compound and/or custom formulations to meet customer specifications and requirements within a product grouping such as food sanitation, parts washing, vehicle cleaning, odor control and may assume other responsibilities for development of very unique solutions. Our team of Chemists work closely together and will often share development experiences across product groups and will have some direct contact with customers. The ideal Candidate will enjoy a wide variety of experiences and contacts and ongoing contact with management, field staff and remote Manufacturing Centers.
- BS in Chemistry plus 2 or more years of directly relatable experience in formula development.
- Industry experience related to cleaning agents, detergents and/or similar product categories.
- A solid industry knowledge of surfactants, and their uses in a commercial setting.
- Working knowledge of environmental issues and EPA Standards and processes. Excellent Lab skills including documentation, testing, equipment, organization and overall efficiency.
- Ability to handle concurrent projects and support for team efforts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including ability to explain technical details, write reports, and communicate complex ideas to other internal staff and customers.
- $60,000 - $90,000 salary
- Company Benefits (Health, Dental, Retirement & more)
- Onsite workout facilities
- Incredible collaborative, team working environment
- Family-focused company culture