The Director of Sales #1 responsibility is to manage a sales team of around eight account managers. We are only interested in Sales Executives who have a strong background leading high-performing sales teams.
What We Offer
- $130k base salary + commission/bonuses ($150k+ package to start)
- Company Vehicle
- Company Expense Account
- Company Laptop
- Company Benefits (Health, Dental, 401(k) & more)
- Relocation Assistance provided
About the Company
Since 1970, our client has been partnering with customers to increase their productivity and profits with their training, services, and quality product lines. Their value-added industry expertise and quality products increase productivity which is key because labor is the lion’s share of a Janitorial budget. And their services like Vendor Managed Inventory, purchasing analysis and controls, and SDS management help their customers focus on their business. Our client has an established record of facilitating their customers' ability to deliver Cleaner, Greener, Healthier and lower-cost Buildings.
The General Sales Manager #1 responsibility is to manage a sales team of around eight account managers. responsible for planning, organizing, directing and coordinating the activities of the sales function for an assigned division to effectively execute sales strategies that will maximize sales volume, drive targeted profitable growth and professionally develop the sales staff.
More about the Position
The Director of Sales #1 responsibility is to manage a sales team of around eight account managers. We are only interested in Sales Executives who have a strong background leading high-performing sales teams.This position will be a newly formed position as the President has been leading the sales and sales team for 20+ years and now needs to be able to focus on other aspects of the business. We are looking for someone who can step into this role and continue this incredible success.
What has made the President so successful with tenured sales team (average sales representative has been in their role for 9+ years each) is his passion and true sincerity in ensuring his team's success. He really cares about what happens to them and how they perform and spares nothing to make sure that they do. He understands that their success and is his success but it's much more than that. We are looking for someone who is selfless and approaches their Sales Management role in the same manner of heart. You will be walking into a tenured sales team of eight representatives and you will be given all the support and tools you need in order to help continue their success. The bonus package for the Sales Manager is based on his/her team's performance, not their individual contribution. This will hopefully allow you to spend almost all of your time coaching and developing your team.
- Direct a staff of sales and administrative personnel, including responsibility for hiring, training and performance coaching and management; complete weekly “ride-alongs” with sales personnel to provide training and coaching.
- Develop and implement comprehensive business strategies, and sales and marketing plans that complement the overall operating plan for the business.
- Develop the sales forecast and maintain accountability for sales goal achievement, including but not limited to respective key metrics and/or budget achievement.
- Assist with new customer solicitation, bid preparation and customer retention strategies.
- Meet regularly with sales personnel to review sales activity funnel (CRM tool), customer retention and relationship activities, review sales performance compared to goal, production and training needs.
- Proactively contact assigned accounts to identify customer needs, changing requirements or potential issues and resolve accordingly.
- Participate with business unit leadership to develop and implement pricing strategy to meet Company objectives.
- Maintain an awareness of market behavior and competitive trends in designated market to anticipate changing customer needs; proactively manage customer base.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the Company’s available services, lines of business, pricing structures to assist sales personnel in particular selling circumstances as the need arises.
- Complete all required sales reports in a thorough and timely fashion.
- Review Customer Service Agreements for terms and conditions pricing, accuracy and other requirements.
- Perform other job-related duties, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing, management or similar field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Sales Management role that includes successfully leading your teams to exceed their overall goals
- Experience developing comprehensive sales strategies.
- Professional presentation; is confident, assertive and displays a high level of self-esteem.
- Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient manner.
- Good communication skills (written and verbal); is able to effectively communicate to all levels of management, both internally and externally.
- Strong active listening skills; gives full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions when appropriate, and letting others fully state their ideas.
- Grasps concepts quickly and has good follow through skills; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise; maintains a positive outlook.
- Has the ability to identify the information needed to clarify a situation; seeks information from appropriate sources; has the ability to tackle a problem using a logical, sequential approach and can anticipate the implications of actions.
- Is self-motivated; maintains a feeling of pride in work; has a strong work ethic and strives to achieve all goals; is competitive and has a strong drive to win; takes appropriate risks.
- Is trustworthy and maintains the highest level of confidentiality at all times.
- Is high energy, friendly and engaging; has excellent persuasion skills; can persuade others to change their minds or behavior.
- Has a service orientation; is actively looking for ways to help people.
- Ability to foster teamwork and enlist the support and participation of others.
- Demonstrates the ability for innovation and supports organizational change to enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Is responsible for one’s performance and sets clear expectations for the performance of his or her team.
If you feel that you are the right person for this amazing opportunity then I want to hear from you today!