Great Opportunity with a Fast-Growing Company!
My client is a local custom electronics developer & manufacturer who has been servicing clients all over the globe since the 1970's. They are experiencing tremendous growth and demand and have an immediate opening for Senior Design Engineer. They work with everything PCB. They have great leadership, a collaborative work environment, long term tenure across all major company functions and are motivated to provide as many opportunities for their team and community as possible.
Manages product design, from conceptualization development, and prototype to final task or product design with full product and procedural documentation. This individual supports the company via interfacing with Marketing, Sales, Customer Engineering and Staff, and company's management personnel to achieve not just customer acceptable products, services and support, but improved, innovative and superior versions of those products, services and support.
- Capable of designing, developing and improving customer specific applications with little input.
- Develop test plans to evaluate function and projected life of products.
- Pays attention to details and able to summarize program status and updates to customers and company's management.
- Create detailed drawings of designs for communication to suppliers and customers.
- Maintain organized product and project records
- Communicate and guide suppliers on proper assembly and testing of product.
- Proficient in component selection for the specific PCB to perform and work as intended.
- Assist sales and management if identifying new products and applications.
- Work with customers developing specific applications and offering advice.
- Proficient in writing software in relevant languages. For example, in “C”
- Proficient in completing PCB layouts.
- Must be innovative and considered an expert in their field by keeping up with recent new developments and always seeking ways to increase their knowledge.
- Continually working to improve design, product and process
- Continuously strives to attain and surpass department metrics
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere with all team members
Position Responsibilities Continued:
- Communicates with team members in a respectful manner and conveys ideas or opinions in a way that promotes the established team
- Active support and participation in the QMS
- Must display excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Continually challenge the status quo
- Travel when necessary to visit customers for business maintenance, potential new business, and for problem resolution.
- Deliver weekly presentations on different technical engineering topics learned.
- Understands the importance of their role in obtaining company's quality objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
What We Offer:
- $80k - $95k base salary
- Company Benefits: Health, Dental, 401(k), 401(k) Matching, Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Great Collaborative & Supportive working environment