We have a very exciting career opportunity with a growing client who has an immediate opening for a Service Manager for their Janitorial equipment rental division.
The rental equipment division is part of a mid-sized janitorial and chemical company and does roughly $2MM a year in equipment rental and repair. This part of their business comprises of three team members who are all critical to the success of the operation. This includes a service writer, equipment repair specialist and a driver. They will report to you in order to provide outstanding service to their customers within the Greater Salt Lake City area.
The candidate we are looking for to fill this critical role will be able to work on and repair janitorial (or similar) equipment, possess a natural leadership and coaching/teaching mentality, be able to manage schedules of deliveries/pickups and repairs and also be a team player. This unique individual will be a strong problem-solver, hard-worker and detail-oriented. Taking care of their customers will be an innate and motivating factor for this person along with doing their best for their team members who are counting on them.
More About the Position and Client
Our client has worked on quality measures to ensure that equipment worked on in the shop is returned back to customer timely and fully repaired, ready to clean. Our client is looking to find a manager who will serve as primary customer contact, who is a good organizer and communicator and can help with quality and timely repairs. This person will be creating POs for parts and quotes for customers so need to have those skills. Since most of the equipment (primarily Automatic floor Scrubbers and carpet extractors) are battery powered, they are heavy and need to be picked up with a truck and trailer that is provided for customers. So this manager will take calls/emails from customers and/or sales reps, arrange for pick up of equipment for service, have technicians diagnose, prepare a repair quote and communicate that repair quote to the customer, get approval, and communicate the status of the repair to the customer while their equipment is in the shop. This manager will do most of the orders for repair parts and prepare the invoice for the customer when the repair is complete. So the successful person does not have to be a skilled tech as much as a skilled manager of techs, a good communicator with customer/sales team and techs/ and a good organizer. This person will prepare POs to order parts timely then accurately write up invoices for repairs completed. As they grow they plan to add full time service writer to interact with customer and order parts but the manager will do this and manage the shop now. As they grow they will hire more techs as needed that this person will manage.
- Manage timely and efficient throughput of equipment repairs in a fast-paced high volume Service Center.
- Manage and grow rental sales, preventive maintenance agreements, refurb equipment sales.
- Manage and ensure quality repair service calls and shop repairs of customer equipment.
- Coordinate and fulfill reliable scheduling of customer repairs.
- Ensure accurate and detailed tracking and billing of repair services.
- Ensure repair warranty tracking and billing for credits.
- Ensure a clean well-organized repair shop and repair service truck.
- Diagnose and research repair parts as needed for repairs
- Manage parts stock for prompt repairs while minimizing excess inventory and inventory shrinkage.
- Sell cooperatively with company salesforce ½ day per week to sell & build Service Center business.
- Work with customers to address occasional issues and complaints after repairs are completed.
- 3+ years’ experience in mechanical diagnosis & repair.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills & repair tracking and documenting/invoicing skills
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision.
- Responsiveness to management priorities.
- Must be reliable.
- Basic mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic system trouble shooting skills. Must possess a basic understanding of internal combustion engines. Must have the ability to read, understand, and follow electrical and hydraulic schematics. Must have the ability to use a variety of basic electrical testing / diagnostic equipment and have a basic understanding of AC and DC electrical theory.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to apply common-sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- MS Office and business applications.
- Ability to read, write and speak English and interpret documents such as safety regulations, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before customers or employees of the organization. Ability to explain the necessity of repairs and their costs to customers.
EDUCATION & LICENSE REQUIREMENTS:
- Associates degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; 3-4 years relevant experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid Driver’s License
- DOT Certification
WHAT WE OFFER:
- $85,000 Base salary
- 10% bonus on profitability of division
- Growth bonus potential
- Company vehicle
- Benefits: Health, Dental & more