Incredible Opportunity! Largest Cannabis cultivator in the Northeast is looking to add a Vice President of Franchising!
Our client has capitalized on the explosive growth of a branded, premium-quality medicinal and recreational cannabis market to become the largest independently owned, multi-state operator in the Northeast. Our client is today among the largest cultivators (both indoor and outdoor), manufacturers, and retailers in the Northeast, with over 350 employees. They recently earned the distinction of "Strongest mono-state brand outside of California" by a major trade and rating publication, Pioneer Index.
Their state-of-the-art cultivation facilities, coupled with its distinctive branding, has driven best-in-class engagement and customer loyalty earning one of the top NPS scores in any retail sector. Beyond its industry-leading vertically-integrated operations, the company currently operates six high-volume retail locations with others opening soon.
With a proven model and track record, they are excited to explore entry into new State level cannabis markets, and expand within current markets, via an innovate Franchise model.
The VP of Franchising will join a highly collaborative executive team tasked with launching and growing an entirely new business unit. He/she will bring a hands-on, down-to-earth, roll-up-your sleeves approach to the role. The successful candidate for the VP of Franchising role will be a humble, decisive, team-oriented, and results-driven leader who understands how to be a strategic partner. He/she will bring energy and drive with a superior ability to execute. This individual will spearhead our franchise strategy to enable us to continue to grow our brand by partnering with entrepreneurs in a variety of cannabis markets. Finally, he/she will possess the interpersonal and leadership qualities to motivate and lead a franchise support team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Create and own the go-to-market (GTM) strategy for the franchise business unit, including deal term structuring and partnership acquisition strategy for franchisees.
- Create and maintain the legal / compliance backbone of the program, tailored to each unique regulatory environment wishes to operate franchises in.
- Recruit, mentor, manage and foster the continuous career development of best in class, cross discipline talent
- Oversee relationships with strategic internal and third-party service providers (legal, marketing, government relations, and public relations), as needed.
- Recruit best in class entrepreneurs to become franchisees, performing due diligence as part of the recruitment process
- Work with our Direct of Real Estate as needed in sourcing real estate for TW franchisees
- Determine KPI’s, policies, standards, and procedures for their franchise department and their franchisees
- Adherence to the annual franchise budget for all franchise activities
- Oversee the facility layout, design, branding, and launch strategy of new franchisee store rollouts
- Supervise the company’s market research as it relates to new franchisee opportunities
- Manage the execution of trade shows, exhibits, and educational sessions as needed
- Analyze the competition and review results of market research adjusting the company’s franchise strategy accordingly.
- Advise on market and product development based on results of market research.
- Obtain franchisee feedback regarding products and services and funnels the information to the appropriate departments so that adjustments can be made in product and service offerings for our franchise partners.
- Work with the marketing department to manage company website(s) and constantly updates information provided on the site(s) in order to support our franchise partners.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be willing to travel as needed for the business
- Deep experience building and managing multi-market franchise program(s)
- Ability to work independently
- A “get stuff done” attitude
- A strong motivation to make the most of the once in a lifetime opportunity the repeal of cannabis prohibition presents
- An ability to learn extremely quickly; strong problem-solving skills a must
- At least 21 years of age
- No drug related felony; ability to pass a comprehensive background check
What We Offer:
- Competitive Base Salary plus lucrative bonus opportunity
- Incentive Stock Options
- Advancement Opportunities
- Company Benefits: Medical / Dental / Vision / Life Insurance / Matching 401K
- PTO, Sick Time